Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Teachers Webring - The Teachers' Webring is comprised of over 200 top educational websites created by teachers and by suppliers of teacher

Forums     Login   Signup

Teachers Webring

Manager: bennecelli
The Teachers' Webring is comprised of over 200 top educational websites created by teachers and by suppliers of teacher materials. Our members range from kindergarten through college level educators. Many of our member sites are maintained as classroom websites which describe the interesting things the students are doing and what they have accomplished. The Teachers' Webring is a super resource for creative ideas that can be used by other teachers and homeschoolers.br /

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How Many Am I Hiding Practice Recording Sheet - 09/26/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j9HedWmtC1I/UkQFLOfJlEI/AAAAAAAAG64/_OHxVQ5SZIU/s320/How_Many_Am_I_Hiding_Practice_Thumb.png

For a change of pace, I thought I would share my "How Many Am I Hiding?" recording sheet.  Although this blog is not math focused, I have always loved math.   If you are not familiar with "How Many Am I Hiding," one child is working on memorizing all the combinations of a certain number by using cubes, and another child hides some of the cubes.  The first student must say how many are being hidden.  If they have to "count up" to figure it out, they need to stay on that number until they "just know."  Kids in my class know the number for which they are working on remembering all of the combinations.  We practice the game about 3 times a week, and they can practice the number they are working on and one number above (just to vary it a little).  I like how they are in charge of keeping track of their practice, and thus more active in their learning.  This sheet is simply to record their attempts at practicing.  I like to have them practice just saying how many are missing instead of writing the combinations down.  They do record them occasionally, but I wanted a way to have a quick, 5 minute practice, and more often than writing the numbers down would allow.  This way, they just record the date in the box above the number they practiced that day.  If they practiced two different numbers, then they write the date twice (once above each number). So here is the sheet: You can download it here:  How Many Am I Hidi...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy