Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Educational Resources - Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, ho

Forums     Login   Signup

Educational Resources

Manager: genessa
Untitled document

Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, home or away, any grade, any level, any age, any focus, special needs or plain vanilla, technical or scholastic, formal or informal.  Find here schools and school supplies, teaching materials and study materials, commercial and noncommercial sites, professional advice and the voice of trial and error.  You may even find scholarship information, or college recruitment.  You never know!  Pictured:  a 15th-Century classroom.  On the navbar:  a little red schoolhouse.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How Many Am I Hiding Practice Recording Sheet - 09/25/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4WAX6crfqK0/UkOK6Dhs9-I/AAAAAAAAG6g/1Bm9-pEIUAM/s320/How_Many_Am_I_Hiding_Practice_Thumb.png

For a change of pace, I thought I would share my "How Many Am I Hiding?" recording sheet.  Although this blog is not math focused, I have always loved math.  I might have completed my master's degree in math had Dorothy Lemelson not sparked my love for literacy by funding my master's degree in that area.  Mrs. Lemelson is an amazing woman who funded many teachers' master's degrees in Washoe County, Reno, NV, and to whom I will always be grateful. If you are not familiar with "How Many Am I Hiding," one child is working on memorizing all the combinations of a certain number by using cubes, and another child hides some of the cubes.  The first student must say how many are being hidden.  If they have to "count up" to figure it out, they need to stay on that number until they "just know."  Kids in my class know the number for which they are working on remembering all of the combinations.  We practice the game about 3 times a week, and they can practice the number they are working on and one number above (just to vary it a little).  I like how they are in charge of keeping track of their practice, and thus more active in their learning.  This sheet is simply to record their attempts at practicing.  I like to have them practice just saying how many are missing instead of writing the combinations down.  They do record them occasionally, but I wanted a way to have a quick, 5 minute practice, and more often than writing the numbe...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy