Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Educational Resources - Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, ho

Forums     Login   Signup

Educational Resources

Manager: genessa
Untitled document

Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, home or away, any grade, any level, any age, any focus, special needs or plain vanilla, technical or scholastic, formal or informal.  Find here schools and school supplies, teaching materials and study materials, commercial and noncommercial sites, professional advice and the voice of trial and error.  You may even find scholarship information, or college recruitment.  You never know!  Pictured:  a 15th-Century classroom.  On the navbar:  a little red schoolhouse.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Word Study Homework - 07/29/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YOe4VuWwBzM/UfZtwn3MNPI/AAAAAAAAFvo/tDaqRl2VJpM/s400/Word_Study_Homework.png

Hi Fellow Teachers, Today I thought I would share my word study homework schedule for the week. Let me first say that I am not an advocate of lots of homework. If I can get away with it, I only give word study and reading homework. NO Math Homework I have stated before that I had a friend who completed her thesis on "Does Homework Help With Math Mastery?" and she found the answer was no. In general, the high kids got it right away, the middle kids learned it the second time, and the low kids needed more help than could be found at home. Besides, I have been teaching an hour and a half of math nowadays and if a student is struggling after that, I have already addressed it with the parent and given additional suggestions and activities. No Projects Please! I also don't like to give projects unless my colleagues force me. I will go along with a project if a colleague feels passionately about it in order to maintain good relations. Nothing is better than going to work everyday happy to see everyone with the intent to having a good time. But aside from that, I feel parents already have their own "Projects". For some it is a project just to get dinner on the table at the right time. For others it is a family project to attend baseball/football/soccer practice at night. As you can tell, I don't like telling families what they must do after school and I guard their time as if it were my own. I also tell parents that if a child doesn't complete his/her homework to please know that I w...

Word Study Homework

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy