Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Educational Resources - Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, ho

Forums     Login   Signup

Educational Resources

Manager: genessa
Untitled document

Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, home or away, any grade, any level, any age, any focus, special needs or plain vanilla, technical or scholastic, formal or informal.  Find here schools and school supplies, teaching materials and study materials, commercial and noncommercial sites, professional advice and the voice of trial and error.  You may even find scholarship information, or college recruitment.  You never know!  Pictured:  a 15th-Century classroom.  On the navbar:  a little red schoolhouse.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Stickers! Stickers! Stickers! and 21st Century Teaching - 06/02/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Slbh3R9cxhQ/UarAeIWNbNI/AAAAAAAACYs/2He8nSBnVHo/s200/My_sticker_awards_thumb.png

Yes, I know there is only one more week of school, but I can't help reflecting on my favorite revelation this year.  Seriously, all kidding aside, stickers are a huge reason I went into teaching.  I mean, who doesn't remember getting stickers when they were in school.  They were so beautiful.  Some were shiny, some were bright, but the best were the smelly stickers.  They have since renamed them stinky stickers, but that name doesn't do them justice.  Anyway, you can tell I love stickers.  Parents love donating stickers too, so I think many feel the same way I do.  The other day, someone brought me Hello Kitty stickers and I swear when I saw them I forgot what I was doing and had to sit down to absorb their beauty. So I couldn't just become a teacher who gave stickers once in a while.  I became a teacher whose whole classroom management centers around praise and stickers.  Do not underestimate the power of a sticker.  First, I do have the "Clip Up/Down" clothespins.  But really, it is just there for backup.  The first time I meet parents, I explain to them that my goal each day is to get students to the top.  Really.  I don't feel like I have been successful in recognizing the wonderful things that go on each day if most of my class is not at the top.  Once they get past the top, they get a sticker each time I say "clip up" and they say "I'm already at the top." "Well go put your sticker page on m...

Stickers! Stickers! Stickers! and 21st Century Teaching

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy