Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Educational Resources - Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, ho

Forums     Login   Signup

Educational Resources

Manager: genessa
Untitled document

Resources for educators, students and the parents of students, traditional or nontraditional, public or private, home or away, any grade, any level, any age, any focus, special needs or plain vanilla, technical or scholastic, formal or informal.  Find here schools and school supplies, teaching materials and study materials, commercial and noncommercial sites, professional advice and the voice of trial and error.  You may even find scholarship information, or college recruitment.  You never know!  Pictured:  a 15th-Century classroom.  On the navbar:  a little red schoolhouse.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Developmental Spelling meet Picture Sorting - 05/25/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ysIJzKat63k/UaAlmbbL87I/AAAAAAAACXc/qdDjwVXtdmg/s400/Cut_Paste_Spell_Books_3_Cover.png

Do you love picture sorting as much as I do?  Don't you wish your students could spell the words after they get through sorting?  These 3 books are designed to do just that! You may have seen my first two, but the 3rd book focuses on contrasting all the short vowel combinations while including blends and digraphs. Picture sorting is an awesome way to help your students develop Phonemic Awareness.  Students manipulate the pictures by cutting, sorting and gluing them in categories.  Because they are pictures, students are forced to listen and feel for the sounds in their mouth. I have had picture sorting a major part of my reading curriculum for some time.  However, I have always had the students spell the pictures by using their invented spelling because most picture sorting materials use any words.  Some have many syllables, and others are a higher level than a student who is picture sorting would be able to spell. I dreamed of someday creating all of my own picture sorts that would contain ONLY pictures that would be developmentally appropriate to spell. I have finally created these. If you are new to picture sorting, you must get into a routine of introducing the pictures before the activity.  Even simple pictures are not always interpreted the same by students.  However, it is well worth the effort, because in picture sorting, the student is active and in charge.  They are not being talked to, but they are listening to themselve...

Developmental Spelling meet Picture Sorting

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy